Friday, February 4, 2011

Shelter's Online Magazines

9th issue of Lonny
3rd issue of Rue
first issue of High Gloss

It's amazing what the online social network has done for the world of bloggers. I am a mere little fish in the ocean of the blogosphere, and have come to be so inspired by all the creative and talented people who have turned their passions into something tangible.  It gives a girl a reason to hope and dream!  Remember Shelter's Domino; I use to subscribe to that magazine and still own all the issues I received in the mail(you'd be proud Deborah Needleman!)  There was definitely a void for me when Conde Nast folded Domino, but former editor, Michelle Adams decided to start the first Shelter online magazine to bridge the gap. Lonny, which came out in the fall of 2009, was the first of it's kind.  Then along came..... Nesting Newbies, Ivy and Piper, Sweet Paul, Rue, Pure Green, Adore Home, Matchbook, Trad Home, and High gloss.  By the way Congratulations too Paloma Contreras and team for an amazing first issue of High gloss that came out Feb 1st! I love the excerpt on the Napa Valley!  It's all the places I've loved visiting; Ma(i)sonry with exquisite art and amazing wine from Blackbird vineyards, and another spectacular experience at Swanson's Vineyards.  Ok, i'm going off on a tangent that usually happens when i talk about Napa.  I just wanted to Thank all the people in the blog and design world that have inspired me!

No comments:

Post a Comment