Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fashion Forward

I am always looking for the new trend of just new talent and of course clothing falls in that category.  I love clothing  that are unique and that no one can tell where you got it.  Don't get me wrong, I love the store Anthropologie, but I don't like the fact that people can point out that I got it from there.  Sometimes I like loud colorful prints and other times I like the simple yet understated pieces that are monochromatic.  Interior Design and Fashion are very much intertwined in that way that all the patterns, shapes, and color make a room feel a certain way or person look a certain way. I am always intrigued and willing to try something new and different! That is why I am always on the look out for new artists whether it be in interior design,fashion, or music.  If I had to described my style it would be a combination of these three style icons I have:  Olivia Palermo for her socialite, vogue, NY style, and bold, Natalie Portman's glamorus, gorgeous, yet understated, but gorgeousness when she dresses up,  but simple and classic with a free spirit twist when she dresses down, and love Sienna's bohemian, edgy, free spirited style.  While I was looking at etsy, magazines, and other blogs I came across these fabulous newer brands;  Sheridan French, Emersonmade,  and Alix of Bohemia.  I  want the a piece of each of these ladies work in my closet!


Sheridan French was driven to design at a young age, she designed her own ball gown at the age of twelve with the help of her great grandmother and has never looked back.  While studying in Europe and obtaining her Masters degree, she continued to pursue her passion for design by participating in fashion shows.  She worked behind the scenes, designed her own collection, and even modeled which led her to a position at Prada press office in London. All of this drove her to one day have her own label.  And now back in her home town of Fort Worth, Texas with a family of her own,she is the fashion editor of Fort Worth's Texas magazine and has her own chic line of womenswear that is southern eclectic.
She is adorable as the clothes she creates, take a look....
love the whole look of this outfit
love the bold colors
look how effortlessly glamorous she looks here

hope i look like this when i'm pregnant
how adorable is this picture

put together but a free spirited look
love all the colors in her collection

I want this dress!


love all the patterns
If I ever have a daughter I want to name her Emerson so I was naturally inclined to see what Emersonmade was all about.  This company is run by Emerson herself  and her partner Ryan.  Emerson does all the photographs, styling, design, content, collages, and artwork associated with Emersonmade. Ryan takes shots of Emerson and is Emersons RightHandMan in all matters of life art and work.  They believe in celebrating the uniqueness of the individual, the joy of being alive and all the smallness that makes up the Big Beautiful. Look at some of their country chic, city smart looks......
ryan and emerson
I need this dress! It's a classic.



I want this whole outfit!

got to have one of these blouses


Alix Verley-Pietrafesa grew up between her mother’s ceramic studio and her father’s closet. The offspring of an Italian textile legacy and generations of French artists, it was never a question of whether Alix would continue this obsession with aesthetics, but rather which medium she would choose to work with.  Her first collection was realized in tandem with her dissertation on Alberto Giacometti, the Bohemian sculptor, while pursuing her Masters in History of Art at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland.  Alix then moved to New York, then to London, and finally to Hong Kong, where she is currently living. Here she produces both unique pieces by hand and small runs of garments. Pervasive influences are her parents in the 1970’s, her mother’s sublime hippie sensibility and her father’s impeccable ability to mix patterns, the Psychedelic sixties and the Summer of Love. The designer’s unconventional life dictates the Alix of Bohemia collections; pieces are created for the life of a glamorous nomad-- living and loving, largely and loudly. Look at some of her boho chic work.......


love the bohemian look of this dress!

every girl needs a leopard print something....

 I've got to have one of these shirts.


I want this shirt!

or this one....

or this one....
 Well I am amazed at how these ladies have followed what they love and incorporated into their clothing.  They all started with an idea in their small nook of their area in this world and look what they have become. They are an inspiration for me to follow what I love to do and when you set your mind to it this is what happens.  Fabulous work ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment